Beta Feedback Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodOfGales

Staff member
Noticed something earlier that probably should be changed: wolfs are tamable and will act like a normal Minecraft tamed wolf (i.e. will help you hunt mobs). Also, the skill Chakra doesn't remove most negative effects I've tried to use it with (fire, wither, slowness, etc.) despite saying it will remove a negative effect in its description.

As for a suggestion, I think professions should revert to describing the player ("alchemist", "enchanter") instead of the action ("alchemy", "enchanting"). Personally, I feel like it makes more sense - it flows better and keeps the same wording as the combat classes.

I’m not sure if they’re meant to be there or not, but either way I would love to see the return of more specific chat channels. I feel like communication is lacking without channels like “/ch trade” and “/ch help”.

Otherwise, really enjoying the beta and I'm excited for the real deal!

Last edited:

ChazzaMaGazza

Very good so far, impressed with whats been done. Just a few nit picky things I think need to be tweaked so here they are

Leveling
  1. Not sure if its intentional but certain mobs such as Raider, Dying pirate, Draugr, Pirate Captain dont seem to take knockback which can throw you off if you have a long train of mobs. It also seems that they can be melee attacked faster, which over rewards melee combat classes compared to casters who rely on kiting.
  2. In my opinion the giants that are occasionally spawned by the Golden armoured mini zombie should be removed, they are clumsy and have hitboxes that can confuse many players. I also feel they are too big and just look out of place, maybe replace with iron golems as an alternative.
  3. I know item durability has been brought up, but I have something to add. Every melee class that uses a weapon with durability should have the ability to access an unbreakable grinding/leveling weapon. Perhaps as a weapon that can be crafted in the new crafting system. To stop people exploiting the unbreakable aspect of it, only make it work on mobs but when breaking blocks it loses durability?
  4. Leveling disciple I found I was losing out on a few mobs to fall damage as a result of iron fist throwing them high in the air. If its possible to make the player awarded exp when they damage a mob and it dies because of another element, such as fire which does seem to reward exp from my experience with pyro.
Town
  1. I think a warning or confirm message should be put in before a town is created stating how much it costs upfront and daily. Also confirm messages for name changing as there is no indication of what the cost will be.
  2. Not sure if this is already a thing or not, but maybe being able to toggle the pop up that comes up in the middle of the screan everytime you enter a region. Or maybe putting it so the alert comes up in chat. Others may like it I just feel like it would be a nice thing to be able to toggle it to chat and or off.
  3. Another message before town is created that lets you know where you are standing will be the first claim, and that you have x more to claim around it. I feel like this is essential especially for newer players.
  4. Town chats?
General
  1. Rename professions.
  2. Items dont seem to drop on death in pvp.
  3. Recall and warp cooldowns. From my memory warp was always much longer then recall. Recall is 23 minutes which Is far too long, for warp I could understand. Warp is much shorter I think 10 mins

Last edited:

detarbilate

Coding Team
Reborn Staff
Thank you for the feedback
  1. Not sure if its intentional but certain mobs such as Raider, Dying pirate, Draugr, Pirate Captain dont seem to take knockback which can throw you off if you have a long train of mobs. It also seems that they can be melee attacked faster, which over rewards melee combat classes compared to casters who rely on kiting.
  2. In my opinion the giants that are occasionally spawned by the Golden armoured mini zombie should be removed, they are clumsy and have hitboxes that can confuse many players. I also feel they are too big and just look out of place, maybe replace with iron golems as an alternative.
this is probably a mythic mob config thing. I'll look into this. I agree with the second point.

1. I know item durability has been brought up, but I have something to add. Every melee class that uses a weapon with durability should have the ability to access an unbreakable grinding/leveling weapon. Perhaps as a weapon that can be crafted in the new crafting system. To stop people exploiting the unbreakable aspect of it, only make it work on mobs but when breaking blocks it loses durability?
  2. Leveling disciple I found I was losing out on a few mobs to fall damage as a result of iron fist throwing them high in the air. If its possible to make the player awarded exp when they damage a mob and it dies because of another element, such as fire which does seem to reward exp from my experience with pyro.
I believe higher tiered weapons have a better durability. But delf knows more about that. For the second point, it will be looked into.
Town
  1. I think a warning or confirm message should be put in before a town is created stating how much it costs upfront and daily. Also confirm messages for name changing as there is no indication of what the cost will be.
  2. Not sure if this is already a thing or not, but maybe being able to toggle the pop up that comes up in the middle of the screan everytime you enter a region. Or maybe putting it so the alert comes up in chat. Others may like it I just feel like it would be a nice thing to be able to toggle it to chat and or off.
  3. Another message before town is created that lets you know where you are standing will be the first claim, and that you have x more to claim around it. I feel like this is essential especially for newer players.
  4. Town chats?
/town cost should tell you the cost. I agree that towns could be easier to use and will be looked at. You can use /tc for town chats

General
  1. Rename professions.
  2. Items dont seem to drop on death in pvp.
  3. Recall and warp cooldowns. From my memory warp was always much longer then recall. Recall is 23 minutes which Is far too long, for warp I could understand. Warp is much shorter I think 10 mins
Kainzo adament of keeping it that way. Items not dropping is a serious issue and I'm looking into what's causing it. Adjusting warp and recall CDs.

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Coding God
Coding Team
Scripting Team
Reborn Staff
Noticed something earlier that probably should be changed: wolfs are tamable and will act like a normal Minecraft tamed wolf (i.e. will help you hunt mobs). Also, the skill Chakra doesn't remove most negative effects I've tried to use it with (fire, wither, slowness, etc.) despite saying it will remove a negative effect in its description.

As for a suggestion, I think professions should revert to describing the player ("alchemist", "enchanter") instead of the action ("alchemy", "enchanting"). Personally, I feel like it makes more sense - it flows better and keeps the same wording as the combat classes.

I’m not sure if they’re meant to be there or not, but either way I would love to see the return of more specific chat channels. I feel like communication is lacking without channels like “/ch trade” and “/ch help”.

Otherwise, really enjoying the beta and I'm excited for the real deal!
I will try to address the wolf / chakra stuff some time this week.

As for the crafting classes, I completely agree, but I also don't have a strong enough opinion to fight for it.

Falker

TNT should be added to the game. It should explode blocks which then regenerate. There is already a plugin we can use for this.

We can even add a profession such as "Demolitionist", which can only place TNT and to satisfy PVE people maybe even allow blocks to be TNT protected, but for an expensive price. So a town that doesn't want to fight could build safe havens but it should be impossible to protect the whole town. Just a thought.

Kainzo

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TNT should be added to the game. It should explode blocks which then regenerate. There is already a plugin we can use for this.

We can even add a profession such as "Demolitionist", which can only place TNT and to satisfy PVE people maybe even allow blocks to be TNT protected, but for an expensive price. So a town that doesn't want to fight could build safe havens but it should be impossible to protect the whole town. Just a thought.
I agree with this, but some others say its not "good" @Delfofthebla - throwing you under the bus here if you want to speak as to why.

Irishman81

Balance Team
Balance Team
Reborn Staff

I agree with this, but some others say its not "good" @Delfofthebla - throwing you under the bus here if you want to speak as to why.
I can touch on these points because I tend to agree with Delf on this one.

When it comes to TnT and towns, I think the majority of the people behind heroes reborn can agree that they want it enabled at least to some degree. However, there are so many things that need to be considered (and coded) for TnT to work in an optimal way.

The first issue is an obvious one - "what if all my town-members are offline, I can't be expected to be onlne at all times to defend my town." We need to have a functioning war plugin, that manages the times when you can and can't tnt a town - which should depend on online members as well as the size of the warring towns.

Second, if we do have a functioning war plugin, there need to be safeguards both for smaller towns being rampaged by giant goon squads of a big town, as well as big towns who may not all be online being robbed blind by a tiny town. Not trying to advocate for complete protection, because I am completely in favor of having tnt being enabled, towns being slaughtered, and items being stolen, but I'm just saying certain safeguards need to be in place for it to work properly.

Finally, there comes the minor issue of town appearances. I know this may not matter to some people, but I at least enjoyed when we had nice looking towns as opposed to the giant boxes and lame ass walls we've come to know over the last 2-3 years. Further, if we enable tnt I would assume the first line of defense by some towns would be making giant obsidion/water walls like you see on the big faction servers, which in my opinion are extremely ugly and not what we want on the server.

Overall, big fan of the idea of being able to tnt into towns to steal/raid, but there are a lot of things to consider and not a lot of steam going around for someone to code all of this, but obviously, if you're interested and have the coding experience get with someone on the dev team.

Epislen

Pathfinder RuptureArrow says your arrows have been imbued by "null" when u cast it, other than that it works

ChazzaMaGazza

A rift spawned on a rift we were currently doing, cancelling it mid-way through as we were killing the final boss, which just disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom