Server Economy Boost + other ideas

kreepyantics

I feel like the server needs a large economy boost itself.
I know there was talk of shops being enabled, but I feel like there should be some kind of economy goal. I would love to be able to build shop buildings outside the initial base for my town to start getting money but you run into the risk of people dying just to buy a few cocoa beans.

What I feel could be done to help with this.
>werwew19 talked about the town conquests being ripped out.
1) Could be replaced with something smaller to help expand towns and bases with claiming chunks. For example: It shouldn't just be oriented around town based for the chunk claiming, I feel players should be able to claim their own chunks as well. Say I wanted to build this small area for shops, right. I could pay a couple blocks of redstone and a few diamonds for 2-3 chunks of the world to build this on and pvp would be disabled as would block breaking.
2) Make it more accessible to other players including new ones to claim land and areas but not have it so easy that the PvP idea would be completely stripped. You have to actually work for the items in order to do this.

> This server is open world rather than skyblock or something small and designated. The idea of more /warps would be great. Players could either pay irl money or in game currency to have their shops/parkour/personal pvp areas listed as a /warp at spawn. Would also cost some amount of redstone or something in order to go there. That could either be dependent on the player or the dev/admins on the price of said warp. I would also suggest severely lowering the cooldown but raising the time it takes to warp so people aren't abusing it during pvp. Maybe have ender particles when teleporting so you can't hide?

> Another idea that I feel could work fantastic is more PvE areas. The Sewers is fantastic for newer players like me to work on their combat classes and level up, but I would love the idea of an exploration dungeon. With loot and chest respawns every hour or two to give people a chance to get items. The rarity of the items and chests could be completely randomized so it's not a "find diamonds right off the bat and go home" type of thing. Make people work for it along with working on combat classes. You could have different levels of difficulty for the newer and the veteran players.

I think this is all of the ideas I have for now. My inbox is open for questions if need be.

Dwarfers

I agree an economic boost is needed. Sometimes economy can help lead to thriving of other things (including PvP). I thought houses in spawn would/could be used for player shops, but I guess that wasn't planned. Most the ones in spawn are also probably too small.

Server Shop
An admin/server shop that you can sell things to based on your profession could be useful like some servers have "jobs". You would not be able to buy these things from the admin shop, only sell. (encourages player trading) Alchemist could sell various ingredients (netherwart, glowstone, magma cream, etc.) required for potions or potions themselves if that's desired, miner selling ores/ingots, farmer food/animal drops/logs, etc. and each would have their own permissions/restrictions to these things so that others can't also sell the same unless they are that profession. If others can, then we can maybe just make it so that if you are not that profession then you sell it to the shop at a greatly reduced price (encourages sale between player to player so that players who are that profession can buy it off you). Of course, there's still things that need to be figured out with this idea. This would require balancing to determine appropriate pricing for each area as well as figuring out any adjustments needed for the current state of professions (or changing them a little if needed) For example, smithing, engineering, and enchanting type professions could be tricky since they revolve around equipment and services, but that could be fine since players will buy these things anyway or they can maybe share a shop permission with one other like miner or something. Smithing is already smith+miner combined so that could work out. Otherwise, sometimes not everyone needs to be the main money maker in town so if we have enchanter, engineering, and smith gets split into smith and miner, then maybe these three don't need server shops to sell to because of the benefits of their services?

Township Outpost
As far as being able to claim chunks outside your town, I know the town plugin has an outpost feature that allows towns to setup/claim an area out in the world. The command is "/township claim outpost". I don't remember the details or requirements for doing it or how much it has changed over the years, but it could be of use. Otherwise setting up a market/trade area within your town is an option as long as you are willing to deal with PvP from those that don't care.

Last edited:

werwew19

Coding Team
Scripting Team
Reborn Staff
I feel like the server needs a large economy boost itself.
I know there was talk of shops being enabled, but I feel like there should be some kind of economy goal. I would love to be able to build shop buildings outside the initial base for my town to start getting money but you run into the risk of people dying just to buy a few cocoa beans.
I missed part of the meeting today and this was probably addressed by dragon but most us agree that we need better economic sources to make money more worthwhile besides towns.

What I feel could be done to help with this.
>werwew19 talked about the town conquests being ripped out.
1) Could be replaced with something smaller to help expand towns and bases with claiming chunks. For example: It shouldn't just be oriented around town based for the chunk claiming, I feel players should be able to claim their own chunks as well. Say I wanted to build this small area for shops, right. I could pay a couple blocks of redstone and a few diamonds for 2-3 chunks of the world to build this on and pvp would be disabled as would block breaking.
2) Make it more accessible to other players including new ones to claim land and areas but not have it so easy that the PvP idea would be completely stripped. You have to actually work for the items in order to do this.
Personally and opinions will vary but I'm on the fence with this one. I feel like being able to claim your own chunks wherever discourages players to feel the need to join and utilize townships which is a huge component to the server. We've had personal regions in the past for donors and people would stack them to avoid having to make towns.

> This server is open world rather than skyblock or something small and designated. The idea of more /warps would be great. Players could either pay irl money or in game currency to have their shops/parkour/personal pvp areas listed as a /warp at spawn. Would also cost some amount of redstone or something in order to go there. That could either be dependent on the player or the dev/admins on the price of said warp. I would also suggest severely lowering the cooldown but raising the time it takes to warp so people aren't abusing it during pvp. Maybe have ender particles when teleporting so you can't hide?
Due to the nature of this being an RPG server I personally feel like the less TP's we have the better, to promote conflict on the map and promote exploration by running past people's towns, finding new caves etc. and the map is small enough where most points of interest like spawn is a quick run. Herogates are extremely useful to get around most spots on the map pretty quickly if you haven't been using them

> Another idea that I feel could work fantastic is more PvE areas. The Sewers is fantastic for newer players like me to work on their combat classes and level up, but I would love the idea of an exploration dungeon. With loot and chest respawns every hour or two to give people a chance to get items. The rarity of the items and chests could be completely randomized so it's not a "find diamonds right off the bat and go home" type of thing. Make people work for it along with working on combat classes. You could have different levels of difficulty for the newer and the veteran players.
I completely agree with this and I think we're looking into the option of adding a dungeon like this.

Last edited:

MysticMight

I think a easier solution would be to have runestones to your shop (probably in a shop itself), or have it near common areas. e.g. spires/herogates depending on whether spawn shops come out.

dionnsai

I think the biggest deterrent to me personally is the ever looming server wipe that is always on the way eventually.

I get the most enjoyment out of building an epic scale base design, making a town that is both secure + deadly. It's a great source of pleasure to me to catch a high tier pvper and kill him in one of my traps. Yeah, you might be great at clicking that mouse button, but i just got you to kill yourself with my brain... One thing i've noticed in my travels, is the "skilled pvp" groups tend to have bases that look like absolute dogshit, e.g. Lazytown for example, and why would they design something that didn't look like garbage? They've been through enough cycles to know its going to get wiped anyway and they're here to kill anyway, not play house?

If there is one thing I would change about Herocraft its this:

I would split the world into two:

1. A world which only allows building and mining on current or former town claimed property, and which would slowly revert the land to its natural state once an area of land was unclaimed for a certain period of time. Spawn towns, herogates and dungeons and such would be located here.
This world would be well designed and perpetual.

2. A world open for resource collection, but with no protected areas, except for the rifts/gates which allow people to enter and leave. This world would refresh periodically to allow for new resource collection. In addition, player tracking abilities would be far less functional here and would be far more costly, as this is wild lands... Townships might be allowed to build temporary outposts of no larger than one chunk, but security would be flimsy at best.

3. Perhaps a 3rd world, where "banned" players go. Rather than permanently banning the bad guys, why not make them permanently villains on the server? Put them in a hell world and allow them to cross over into the other worlds periodically, but place small but permanent bounties on them at all times, although disallow players from collecting said bounty more than once in X amount of time.

werwew19

Coding Team
Scripting Team
Reborn Staff
I think the biggest deterrent to me personally is the ever looming server wipe that is always on the way eventually.
As of right now there is no plan to wipe this map ever. The plan is to add worlds with incentive to go to the new ones. As for a resource map after some time passes we plan on doing it. This was the plan since we started developing the server about 6-7 months ago.

Top Bottom